Happy Easter Y’all! Well, not yet but close enough. The Peeps were calling my name at the store so I could hold back no longer….let the Easter season begin!
Lately during the holidays I try to lead up to it with extraness (I know that’s not a word) to get us into the mood of the season. So in order to fill my kids with even more sugar and not just peeps we made Peeps Dirt Cake Cups to kick off the holiday!
I love these little guys because they are cute, yummy and semi-homemade!
Ingredients: Recipe makes up to 5 Peeps Dirt Cake Cups
1 package of Peeps
1 bag Mini Cadbury Eggs
1 tube of Green Icing
1 small Chocolate Cake (I purchased mine but feel free to make your own)
1 cup Crushed Oreos
2 1/2 cups Chocolate Pudding
Clear Plastic Cups
1. Get your cake ready to layer by cutting about half your cake into small pieces. Once your cake is prepped you can start layering.
2. In the bottom of one of your cups layer the cake, then a layer of pudding covering all of the cake, then add a layer of crushed oreos.
3. Once you have layered each ingredient once repeat with 1 more layer of each.
4. Now that you have your chocolately goodness ready to go it is time to add your icing. I used store bought Decorating Icing from my local grocery store to pipe on my icing. I used a star decorating tip to create the grass look over the top layer of oreos.
5. Once your grass is complete place your Peep and your Mini Cadbury eggs on top.
6. After my cups were complete I placed them in the fridge for about an hour before serving. This helped all of the layers stay exactly where I originally placed them.
It is so easy to make these for any occasion! They are especially great to make ahead for birthday parties. Just change up the theme and you are good to go. Just think of how cute these could be for a farm themed birthday!
For more of our favorite recipes, check out:
Okay, I hate Peeps but these are freaking cute!