Here we are, closing up another year! I say this all the time but I cannot believe how quickly time just passes by. I feel like I was just sitting here yesterday writing out my goals for 2016 and trying to figure out how I would reach them!
I tell you what though, I am all about a new beginning and a reset button. Isn’t it awesome that every year we can step back, reevaluate and devise a new plan? I love it!
One of our goals every year on MWOA is to increase our community and increase our number of followers on all of our platforms. We want to be a place for every mom where she can step away, get a quick break and feel like she is apart of a community of moms who just get it! We step back every year and look at all of our accomplishments and set backs over the past year and figure out where we need to head in the new year.
Thankfully, 2016 has been wonderful to us. There have been ups and downs but we have continued to grow on the blog and social media accounts, we have added amazing contributors and we have grown personally throughout the process. It has been a year we are grateful for!
In looking back on goals for this year one huge accomplishment that we is doubling our goal of Pinterest followers for this year. On January 1, 2016 our MWOA Pinterest account had 4.8K followers. Our goal was to end the year at 10K but you know what? We doubled that goal! We are ending our year at over 20K followers! We are pumped!
Pinterest is a tricky little beast! Like other platforms, Pinterest likes to change things up all of the time and keep us on our toes but once you see how it can increase your blogs exposure you are hooked! Where else can we go for a catalog of ideas and find tips and tricks from REAL people? Where else can someone go and search for info on a topic and find you? Pinterest is where it is at!
This year our goal is to reach 50K on Pinterest by the December 31, 2017. It’s a little scary putting that out there, EEK! I am confident that we can do it though.
So, now what you are really here for. How do we grow our account? Like I mentioned before, Pinterest is always changing but there are some easy tips for every account that will carry you through no matter what sneaky changes may come out during 2017! Here are 5 Tips To Grow Your Pinterest Account in 2017!
- Keywords: How do people find you on Pinterest if they are not following you? They search by KEYWORDS! Make sure that everything you put on Pinterest is searchable and SEO friendly.
- Pin, Pin and Pin some more!: You can never Pin too much. As a matter of fact, Pinterest wants you to be on its platform 24/7. So Pin and Pin and keep on Pinning. They more they see you pinning (not just your own content) the more exposure your account will get.
- Focus on YOUR Account: Group boards are great but do not let them be your bread and butter. Grow your account and pin to your boards!
- Take Up Real Estate: Create great content and create long pinnable images. What is your eye drawn to? Long images. Adding text will help too!
- Everyone and Everything is Pinnable: Do not let yourself think that your content is not pinnable. This could not be further from the truth. Everyone is on pinterest therefore anything and everything is pinnable. Create an SEO friendly catchy title with a long image and try it out!
I am obsessed with Pinterest and I love figuring out the just how the Pinterest world ticks. I get excited to figure out what to pin, what works for our account and how to drive more traffic. Pinterest is a beast and when you focus on it, it can change the coarse of your blog!
Here is to 2017! I hope it’s full of lots of growth and lots of pinning!
By the way…don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest!