Toddlers & Tantrums. They just go hand in hand.
They don’t call it threenager for nothing. Toddlers are fickle tiny humans. One minute they are playing trains and watching Daniel Tiger
Then two seconds later, someone looked at them funny and it’s the end of the world.
The tricky thing about tantrums are the element of surprise. One minute you are mom of the year making a delicious and well balanced breakfast for the family. You get them all set up at the table and next thing you know, you are the jerk that dared to serve them their milk in the blue cup! THE BLUE CUP!!!! I mean seriously, the nerve.
These are ever changing, but here is a recent list of reasons my toddlers throw tantrums.
- They don’t want to “go” – even though it has been made very clear that we aren’t going anywhere
- Someone ate all their goldfish (spoiler alert: it was them)
- I won’t let them throw the car keys in the potty
- I gave them their juice in the wrong color cup.
- They want to go to Chick-fil-a on a Sunday, and it’s not open
- The dog sneezed
- Their water was too spicy ( yeah, I don’t know either)
- They wanted to wear only their underwear to school
- They didn’t want me to turn “dis way” they wanted me to go “dat way”
- Their sister talked to them
- Their sister looked at them
- Their sister was in the same room as them
- They wanted to drive
- PawPatrol was over
- I wouldn’t let them get in the oven
- I bought boy pull-ups with their favorite dinosaur on them
- I wouldn’t let them eat the hand sanitizer
- I put too many bubbles in their bath
- I didn’t put enough bubbles in their bath (this was all during the same bath time of course)
- The basket at Target was Red (has it ever been anther color)
- I stopped at the Stop sign
- I said good morning
- I wouldn’t turn the A/C on in the car when it was 32 degrees outside
- I wouldn’t let them eat mulch at the park
All totally rational I think.
What are some of the completely rational reasons your toddler throws tantrums?
Julie Madsen says
Gosh, you’re such a horrible mother! Oh, my!!! At least at 4 and 6, the tantrums make a little more sense. Hang in there, friend. (And if you were to get rid of the offending blue cup, that would suddenly be their favorite. You just can’t win with a threenager.) BTW – what do you call it when they are 4 and act that way?
Hahaha I love this!