I feel like my life these days sings the same ole tune over and over again……
“Soccer in the morning, soccer in the evening, soccer at supper time. When there is soccer to played, we play soccer all the time!”
As of 2 weeks ago I now have 3 little soccer players in my house. Yep, 3. We LOVE us some soccer!
Being a mom of 3 girls I never saw us growing our family while out on the soccer field. I dreamed of pink tutus, ballet shoes and buns. Although we do take on the roll of ballerina 1 night a week, most of our time is spent dribbling down soccer fields and working on being tough.
I absolutely love having the chance to watch my girls do something they love so much and it is time that I make a confession.
I, Channing, am a soccer mom.
Please tell me I am not alone! Here are signs that you may just be a Soccer Mom as well….
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom if you Drive a Vehicle with more than 5 Seat Belts. Yep, this is a requirement. And yes, I do drive a minivan.
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when your wardrobe starts to consist more of “work out” clothes than regular clothes. Also, these workout clothes are now used more while watching soccer than actually working out.
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom if you’re house is now covered in every kind of no-slip headband under the sun. You know what I love most about these headbands? They are everywhere….until you need one.
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when you laundry room starts to smell worse than a boys locker room. Two words, shin guards! The smell from shin guards will make a baby cry my friends. HORRIBLE!
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when your car (i.e. Minivan) is covered and I mean c-o-v-e-r-e-d in grass. I could cover an entire backyard with the amount of grass we pull into our car any given week.
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when your car becomes your second home. We now have enough resources in our car to live for an entire week. Seriously! Ever come to our neck of the woods, just let me know. I will let you stay in my van! I kid, I kid.
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when a canopy, folding chairs, coolers, small out door tent and an over sized umbrella are all staples in your car. Soccer moms are well versed on their outdoor gear! Cold weather, hot weather, windy weather, we have you covered!
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when you now think you are an expert on all things soccer. I will neither confirm nor deny if this is me….
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when your child’s teammates start to become apart of your family. You rely on each other and spend more time with each other than you do at home. But you know what they say, it takes a village!
- You know you’re a Soccer Mom when you get just as excited to watch your child play as they do playing!
Us Soccer Moms have had a bad wrap over the years, (yes, we may be a little enthusiastic) but man do I love it! Some of my favorite moments of my week are loading up my little ones for a day at the fields. It may be lots of work and even more time but these are the moments we will remember.
And you never know….one day, you may just hear the name of one of my girls as they score the winning GOAL at the World Cup! It could happen!